Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cool Cat in the Top Hat Roast - Nick Huffman

Well, it felt a lot better than I thought it would to get back on stage.  I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed my summer off.  To be perfectly honest, after the last D.O.C. show in Michigan City, IN, I honestly thought about quitting comedy for good.  The show went better than anything I projected ever seeing in the future. 


A standing ovation was just the beginning.  Chad Errio, XL, Jon David, and I all gave the crowd a second show for free, just because they asked for it.  What better way to go out, huh?


Well, a friend of mine named Denny Case asked me to do a stand up set as a part of his tenth anniversary show and roast under his pseudonym, "The Cool Cat in the Top Hat".  I agreed under one condition. . . that he picked the jokes that went into my set.  Well, some rolled of the tongue.  Some did not.  But, I did 35 minutes for a crowd that had never heard me.  It turned out to be one of my favorite sets in the last few years. 



Afterwords, we roasted him.  There were only a few real comics on the roast.  That's usually a formula for a Grade A Fucking Disaster.  Luckily, most of the non comics did as well as they possibly could have.  A few did not.  One, imparticular, sucked to the point of suicide.  Not literally.  If I were ever as bad as he was though, I'd do the right thing and just go die.



Here are some of my roast joke highlights of the night:

"The Cool Cat in the Top Hat. . . If this name was any more stupid, it would have been given to him by black parents."

"The Cool Cat in the Top Hat used to have a large gay and lesbian following at his shows.  Key words, "used to have".  Thank you HIV.  It's funny because they're dead."

"Denny's hat is not really a top hat.  It's a magician's hat.  Instead of housing a rabbit, it holds a 180 lb. pussy."


Yes.  I know my purple shirt is gay as fuck.  In fact, if it were any gayer, Jon David would have popped out of it's dick.

Til next time. . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for being such a big part of my roast, Nick. The jokes were funny and I enjoyed seeing you actually having fun once again, up in front of a fresh crowd. I appreciate all you did.
    -The Cool Cat In The Top Hat

    ReplyDelete